German Comedy Star Herbig Switches from Constantin to Warner Bros.
The German arm of the U.S. studio will distribute Herbig’s next two films.
CANNES – Warner Bros. in Germany has signed a new first-look deal with director and comedy star Michael ‘Bully’ Herbig, the country’s most commercially sucessful filmmaker.
WB will release Herbig’s next two movies in Germany and act as a co-producer together with the filmmaker’s HerbX shingle. Up till now, Herbig has released his films through German mini-major Constantin Film.
The first title under the new Warner deal is Buddy, a comedy which Herbig will write, direct, co-produce and star in. Shooting is set to begin in March 2013. Herbig’s last film as a director, Vicky The Viking (2009), earned close to $40 million at the German box office. His most successful title to date, the Western spoof Manitou’s Shoe, cleared around $85 million in the territory.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'