German Producer Bernd Eichinger Dies at 61
The man who produced well-known films ‘The Neverending Story’ and ‘Downfall,’ died suddenly Monday.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Bernd Eichinger, the German producer of Oscar-nominated films including Downfall and The Baader Meinhof Complex, died suddenly of a heart attack Monday at his home in Los Angeles.
The 61-year-old producer, whose credits also include The Name of the Rose, Perfume – The Story of A Murder and The Fantastic Four, died during a dinner Monday night with family and friends.
Though there had been rumors Eichinger might be in poor health after he failed to attend the Bavarian Film Awards earlier this year, his death comes a shock.
Eichinger is survived by his wife Katja, a film journalist and daughter Nina, a well-known TV personality and jury member on the German version of American Idol.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing