German Tragicomedy 'Oh Boy' to Open Oldenburg Film Festival
The Berlin-set drama is the feature debut from director Jan Ole Gerster.
COLOGNE, Germany - Oh Boy, the debut feature from German director Jan Ole Gerster, will open the Oldenburg Film Festival.
The tragicomedy stars Tom Schilling as an 20-something slacker who drops out of university and ends up wandering the streets of Berlin. Justus von Dohnányi, Michael Gwisdek and Ulrich Noethen also star. Oh Boy will have its world premiere on Sept. 12 at the EWE Arena in Oldenburg.
The 19th Oldenburg film festival, which bills itself as Germany's answer to Sundance, runs Sept. 12-16.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack