German Viewers to Get 'The Walking Dead' Marathon
Network RTL2 will air the entire first season of "Walking Dead" over one weekend.
COLOGNE, Germany -- German network RTL2 is programming a zombie marathon to introduce local viewers to AMC's apocalyptic series The Walking Dead.
For the show's free TV premiere in Germany, RTL 2 will air the entire first season in two-hour programming blocks over a three-day weekend, May 11-13. RTL 2 successfully used this marathon-style programming for the German free TV debut of Game of Thrones last weekend. The HBO fantasy series drew an average 9.6 percent market share in the key 14-49 demographic for RTL 2, well above predictions. At its peak, some 1.87 million German viewers tuned in.
Programming more challenging U.S. drama and fantasy series in traditional weekly slots hasn't worked for RTL 2. HBO’s True Blood and Showtime’s Dexter have been ratings flops for the Munich-based channel, forcing the network to take a more experimental route.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!