German VOD Platform Maxdome Takes 'Skyfall'
A deal with MGM gives the ProSiebenSat.1 subsidiary German VOD rights to the entire James Bond franchise.
COLOGNE, Germany -- Maxdome, the German VOD platform controlled by broadcast group ProSiebenSat.1, has signed with MGM for on-demand rights to the entire James Bond franchise, including recent blockbuster Skyfall.
The deal was announced Friday by maxdome boss Thomas Heise and Chris Ottinger, president of international television distribution and acquisitions at MGM. The Bond library is available for rental immediately.
Maxdome registered 490 million video viewings last year, making it Germany's leading VOD platform.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills