Germany's Splendid Boosts First Half Figures Thanks to 'The Expendables'
The Sylvester Stallone-actioner was one of the top 5 DVD titles in Germany so far this year.
BERLIN -- Sylvester Stallone’s star-packed actioner The Expendables helped German distributor Splendid Entertainment become a contender again. The film’s chart-topping home-entertainment sales in Germany -- where it was one of the top five DVD titles so far this year -- gave a steroid boost to Splendid’s bottom line. The Cologne-based company increased revenues by 33 percent to $30.5 million (€21.1 million) in the first half, while booking a net profit of $2.5 million (€1.7 million), several times its first half performance in 2010. Splendid is hoping to keep its macho streak going with several new genre titles. Among them Stallone's Expendables 2 sequel and Lionsgate’s The Last Stand. The Jee-woon Kim-directed Mexican drug thriller will mark Arnold Schwarzenegger’s return to the big screen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'