Germany’s Splendid Signs VOD Deal With Sony Entertainment Network
Splendid titles, including “The Expendables” and “Gangs of New York,” will be available on devices such as Sony tablets and the PlayStation Portable.
BERLIN – German distributor Splendid Film has signed a VOD deal with Sony Entertainment Network that will see Splendid license its film catalogue for use across Sony’s online and mobile devices, including on Sony tablets, PlayStation games consoles and PlayStation Portable devices.
The agreement, announced Friday, will include recent hits, such Sylvester Stallone’s actioner The Expendables, as well library titles such as Steven Soderbergh’s Traffic and Gangs of New York from director Martin Scorcese.
"The marketing of programs via Internet platforms is becoming increasingly significant,” said Splendid CEO Andreas Klein. “In the Sony Entertainment Network, we have gained another very important partner for broadcasting our programs.”
Splendid subsidiary Enteractive Hamburg will handle the technical delivery of the company’s titles to Sony’s platforms
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR