Germany's Autentic Forms Documentary Alliance With WDR Mediagroup
The new distribution venture will jointly market the documentary catalogs of both companies.
Munich documentary label Autentic has set up a joint venture with WDR mediagroup, a commercial arm of the German regional public broadcaster WDR, to market and sell non-fiction programming.
The new joint venture, Autentic Distribution, will handle markeing for the complete non-fiction catalog of both companies. It will be based in Cologne and run by general manager Anne Hufnagel.
“The development of the market calls for a strong, genre-specific distribution system that uses the most modern technology,” said Autentic CEO Patrick Horl. “We have set up the infrastructure in such a way that we can also deliver speedily to purely digital clients such as VOD platforms.”
Autentic itself is a joint venture between Horl and sales and production group Beta Film. WDR, Germany's largest regional pubweb, is one of Europe's leading producers of television documentaries.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR