Germany's Autentic Forms Documentary Alliance With WDR Mediagroup
The new distribution venture will jointly market the documentary catalogs of both companies.
Munich documentary label Autentic has set up a joint venture with WDR mediagroup, a commercial arm of the German regional public broadcaster WDR, to market and sell non-fiction programming.
The new joint venture, Autentic Distribution, will handle markeing for the complete non-fiction catalog of both companies. It will be based in Cologne and run by general manager Anne Hufnagel.
“The development of the market calls for a strong, genre-specific distribution system that uses the most modern technology,” said Autentic CEO Patrick Horl. “We have set up the infrastructure in such a way that we can also deliver speedily to purely digital clients such as VOD platforms.”
Autentic itself is a joint venture between Horl and sales and production group Beta Film. WDR, Germany's largest regional pubweb, is one of Europe's leading producers of television documentaries.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10