Germany's Constantin Sells DreamWorks Titles to ProSiebenSat.1
The deal will see the German broadcaster take all DreamWorks titles through 2016, including Vince Vaughn-starrer “Delivery Man” and video game adaptation “Need for Speed” with Aaron Paul.
BERLIN -- Constantin Film has inked a new package deal with German broadcaster ProSiebenSat.1 that includes all new DreamWorks Studio titles through 2016.
Constantin, which holds German-language rights to DreamWorks titles, inked the new agreement, giving ProSieben exclusive free- and pay-TV rights in Germany and Austria for such upcoming features as Vince Vaughn-starrer Delivery Man, the U.S. remake of hit French Canadian comedy Starbuck, and the video game adaptation Need for Speed starring Breaking Bad’s Aaron Paul.
"Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks stand for an extraordinary commercial quality and cinema events of the highest order,” said Martin Moszkowicz, head of film and TV at Constantin. “We’re proud to be able to work with our long-term TV partner [ProSieben] with the films of this studio as well.”
Constantin and ProSieben will be hoping DreamWorks’ upcoming slate performs better than the studio’s last project, the Wikileaks biopic The Fifth Estate, which earned just $3.2 million in domestic release and around $900,000 in Germany, where Constantin handled the release.
The signs don’t look great, however. Negative reviews could hurt Delivery Man’s prospects this opening weekend, when the film will be launching as counter-programming to Lionsgate’s blockbuster The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting