GetGlue TV Check-In Service Gets to Canada With Shaw Media
The Canadian broadcaster is growing its social media footprint as viewers rate and review homegrown TV shows like "Top Chef Canada" and "Real Housewives of Vancouver."
TORONTO - Shaw Media has brought the U.S. social media platform GetGlue to the Great White North.
The Canadian broadcaster has inked an exclusive deal with the New York City-based entertainment check-in service to allow fans of its domestic TV shows to get a second screen experience via their remote control, starting with Top Chef Canada.
This is the first time GetGlue has been integrated into a Canadian TV network.
The virtual check-in service will then be rolled out to other Shaw Media shows like Real Housewives of Vancouver, Continuum; Lost Girl and Canada Sings, and in the process extend the broadcaster’s social media footprint.
GetGlue launched in 2009 and allows users who check into TV shows and rate content to win sticker rewards.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!