'G.I. Joe' Sequel Crew Member Dies On Set
Mike Huber was reportedly working on a high-powered lift when an accident occurred on the New Orleans set.
Mike Huber, a locally hired crew member working on the set of Paramount's G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation, died Nov. 22 while working on the production in New Orleans.
Paramount issued the following statement to The Hollywood Reporter: “Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the Huber family at this time."
Paramount said the safety of its cast and crew is a top priority and it is "fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident."
TMZ reported Wednesday that Huber died while working on a high-powered scissor lift that tipped over.
Paramount will release G.I. Joe 2 on June 29; it follows G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, a hit in 2009.
Jon M. Chu is directing the Lorenzo di Bonaventura-produced sequel, which will feature Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson and RZA, among others.
The project began shooting in New Orleans in August.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR