'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Gets China Release Date
"The Croods" will also follow "Django Unchained" in getting an April rollout in China.
G.I. Joe Retaliation and The Croods will follow Django Unchained in getting a release in China in April.
The second installment in the action-film franchise, starring Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson and Korean star Lee Byung-hyun, will make its bow in Chinese cinemas on April 15, followed by The Croods on April 29.
Django Unchained was earlier granted a Chinese release date of April 11 (it's understood that Quentin Tarantino will be re-cutting the film himself to ensure that it passes the Chinese censorship board).
The Impossible, meanwhile, has yet to confirm a concrete opening date after being pulled from the release schedule in March.
The Chinese roll-out for Iron Man 3 has also remained unconfirmed. Earlier reports about a simultaneous U.S.-China release on May 3 have now been countered with online messages about the film possibly opening in China in late April.
Iron Man 3 opens in Hong Kong, where distributors and exhibitors decide on release schedules independent from the mainland Chinese authorities, on April 26.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR