'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' Headed to Imax Screens for Foreign and Domestic Release
The delayed Channing Tatum-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson film will be super-sized in 3D and released internationally from March 29, and a day earlier domestically.
TORONTO – Paramount Pictures is putting G.I. Joe: Retaliation, the action-packed follow-up to the 2009 box office hit G.I Joe: The Rise of Cobra, in Imax theaters.
The movie will be digitally super-sized into the 3D format and released to select Imax theaters internationally from March 28, and domestically for a one week run starting March 29.
G.I. Joe: Retaliation comes from Paramount, MGM and Skydance Productions, in association with Hasbro.
"Dwayne Johnson has resonated well with Imax fans, and we believe his strong global appeal, coupled with the action spectacle of G.I. Joe: Retaliation in Imax 3D is sure to excite moviegoers," said Greg Foster, chairman and president of Imax Filmed Entertainment, in a statement Thursday.
G.I. Joe: Retaliation stars Johnson, D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, RZA, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum and Bruce Willis.
Directed by Jon M. Chu, and produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Brian Goldner, the action pic was written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.
The film is scheduled to get a wide domestic release on March 29, 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game