The Rock, Bruce Willis Rule in 'G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation' Super Bowl Spot (Video)
The 30-second clip reveals Willis' character's name, and showcases the G.I. Joe team in action.
In advance of its broadcast during the Super Bowl on February 5, Paramount released their G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation trailer online today. The 30-second clip features Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson mobilizing the film’s team before it goes into action in a fast-paced montage of footage.
The first theatrical trailer for Retaliation premiered on December 20, 2011, and immediately revealed that the film would only partially continue the story from the first one. In that clip, Channing Tatum and his team are evidently wiped out by an attack from COBRA, leaving behind only Snake Eyes (Ray Park), Johnson’s character, Roadblock, and a handful of newcomers, including Lady Jaye (Adrianne Palicki). In the new clip, fans get a closer look at COBRA Commander, whose helmet resembles the snake-headed hood of his cartoon successor, Serpentor, and reveals that Storm Shadow survived the first film to fight the Joes again. And while the first trailer showed Bruce Willis as a member of the Joe team, this clip revealed that his name is in fact “Joe.”
View the clip below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Gedeon Luke Keeps the Soul Train Moving ; Viv and the Revival Breaks Your Heart
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'