Gil Freston to Unveil the Documentary 'Paladar'
The film follows two USC college students, Alex Chang and Robert Kronfli, who opened an underground supper club in their apartment.
Gil Freston will unveil Paladar, his debut feature documentary about an underground Los Angeles supper club, at a private, invite-only screening April 19 at the Tribeca Film Center in New York.
The film, which Freston began as a junior at USC, was produced by Eric B. Fleischman and executive-produced by Gil Freston’s father Tom Freston and Sean Fowler.
The doc follows Alex Chang and Robert Kronfli, who were both college students at USC when they decided to open Paladar in their apartment. The restaurant, which the two ran out of their home while concealing the operation from the authorities, not only offered innovative dishes for reasonable prices, it also influenced the students’ social circles and entrepreneurial enterprises.
“I made this film to explore a moment in time where the pursuit of one dream had inspired others to do the same,” Gil Freston said.
Chang now works at the Los Angeles restaurant Animal, and Kronfli runs the wine bar Bacaro L.A. with his brother Danny.
Freston recently founded the creative agency and production house, Pablo Escargot. Fleischman founded EBF productions in 2009 and has produced such films as Mickey Keating’s Ritual and Clara Mamet’s Two-Bit Waltz.
Paradigm is handling North American sales of Paladar.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing