Gillian Anderson Ready for a Third 'X Files' Film
She would also love to do a spoof feature of the TV and film franchise.
SYDNEY -- Gillian Anderson is ready to reprise her iconic role as Dana Scully in a third X Files film.
Speaking after the world premiere in Sydney of Universal’s Johnny English Reborn, in which she plays the head of fictional MI7 opposite Rowan Atkinson, Anderson said that there is definite talk of X Files 3.
“I hope it will happen, there’s talk of it,” she told Australian breakfast TV program Sunrise.
“I don’t know who’s writing it but I hear there’s something going on,” she said.
And she indicated that there could be more life in the franchise, saying she wants to do a film spoof of the hit Fox TV series.
“I’ve always wanted to do a spoof of the X Files as a film,” she said.
“We talked about that for a long time but maybe after three features we could get to do a spoof feature.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR