Gina Prince-Bythewood honored by UCLA
9 other Directors Spotlight students get screenings
Film director and UCLA alumna Gina Prince-Bythewood will be honored as UCLA Filmmaker of the Year on Thursday at the Mann Bruin Theater in Westwood when UCLA's School of Theater, Film and Television screens the work of nine students who are winners in its annual Directors Spotlight competition.
Directors Spotlight is part of "UCLA Festival 2009: New Creative Work," a nine-day celebration of the newest work by students from the School of Theater, Film and Television.
The highlighted films were selected by a panel of industry professionals that included director Charles Burnett, director Catherine Hardwicke, producer Michael London, Sundance Institute general manager John Nein and director Alexander Payne.
This year's Directors Spotlight winners are:
Amy Adrion: "Shoegazer
Joaquin Baldwin: "Sebastian's Voodoo"
Nathan Chitayat: "Subbing 4 Julia"
Sharon Hill: "Shades of Gray"
Edward Kim: "To Wander in Pandemonium"
Sijia Luo: "Kidnap"
Puja Maewal: "Sidekick"
Jessica McMunn: "Soleil"
David Martin-Porras: "Ida y Vuelta"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR