'Girl Rising' Picked Up by Regal Cinemas for Weeklong Engagement
Richard E. Robbins' documentary will hit theaters beginning April 19.
Girl Rising, Richard E. Robbins’ film about nine girls in different developing countries who dream of attending school, has been picked up by Regal Cinemas for a weeklong engagement.
Narrated by Cate Blanchett, Priyanka Chopra, Selena Gomez, Anne Hathaway, Salma Hayek, Alicia Keys, Chloe Moretz, Liam Neeson, Frieda Pinto, Meryl Streep and Kerry Washington, the documentary will begin showing April 19 in 150 theaters.
Girl Rising will also continue to be showcased in cities nationwide via Gathr, a new demand-based theatrical-distribution platform in which fans are committed to buying enough movie tickets to secure a screening.
“Regal recognizes the intense interest by American moviegoers demanding that this film be seen in their local communities,” stated Amy Miles, CEO of Regal Entertainment Group. “This movie is making an emotional impact on many of our patrons, me included. The stories from these extraordinary girls in nine different countries are accompanied by narration from an A-list of entertainers.”
A portion of ticket sales will go to the 10x10 Fund for Girls Education, a global campaign to educate and empower girls.
Girl Rising is produced by The Documentary Group and Paul Allen’s Vulcan Productions. CNN Films has global TV distribution rights and plans to air it soon. Allen, Tom Yellin, Holly Gordon and Jody Allen executive produced.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR