'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo': 'Vintage' 'Hard Copy' Report Reveals Mystery of Missing Teen (Video)
The movie's marketers have taken the viral route, releasing a clip made to look like it aired in the sometime in the 1980s, to spotlight the disappearance at the center of the upcoming movie.
The marketers behind The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo got creative in a new clip that hit the Internet on Thursday.
The video, posted at the Dragon Tattoo Tumblr site Mouth Taped Shut, is a nine-minute segment that focuses on the mysterious disappearance of Harriet Vanger from her family estate decades ago. The case, which is at the center of the upcoming David Fincher-directed movie and Stieg Larsson book from which it's adapted, is what draws journalist Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) and hacker Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara) together.
But the marketers have chosen to revive the newsmagazine Hard Copy for the segment, making it look like an investigative report from the show that was recorded on VHS and also mixing in commercials from the 1980s.
The segment actually re-creates the show to probe into the disappearance by interviewing several "experts" about the teen and what might have happened.
Sony Pictures releases the movie Dec. 21.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10