It's 'Girls' night out at movies
"The Princess Diaries" producer Debra Martin Chase and producer-writer Nely Galan are teaming up to bring Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez's novel "The Dirty Girls Social Club" to the big screen.
Galan, the former president of entertainment at the Telemundo network, is among the honorees at The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Hispanic Women in Entertainment ceremony today at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. She optioned the film rights from Valdes-Rodriguez. The movie will be produced through Galan's Galan Entertainment shingle.
The story revolves around six Latina women from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds navigating their careers and relationships.
"Knowing how Latinas love novelas, I think Alisa has written the ultimate aspirational novela with six women at the helm that represent all different parts of Latino culture," Galan said.
Valdes-Rodriguez penned the screenplay and is set to executive produce, while Galan and Martin Chase are seeking independent financing. Casting will begin in the next few weeks.
Martin Chase's credits also include "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and its sequel as well as "The Cheetah Girls" and its sequel.
Galan's credits include reality series "The Swan" and TV specials.
Martin Chase and Galan are repped by WMA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR