Giuliana Rancic: Why I'm Speaking Out About Breast Cancer Battle
Speaking to Ryan Seacrest on E! News Monday, she says, "There was a long period of time where I thought I was going to hide this from everyone."
Giuliana Rancic hesitated before sharing the news of her breast cancer battle with the public.
"There was a long period of time where I thought I was going to hide this from everyone, that I didn't need to tell anyone," Rancic, 36, told Ryan Seacrest on E! News Monday night, the show she co-anchors.
"And then as time went by, I would see friends of mine that didn't know, and I would think, 'God, I wish I could let her know what I'm going through,' so that she goes and gets checked," added Rancic, who revealed the news in an emotional interview with the Today show's Ann Curry Monday morning.
And now that she's opened up about it, "I feel like such a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders," added Rancic, who also stars in a Style Network reality show with her husband, Bill Rancic, and co-hosts E!'s Fashion Police.
Still, "Right before I went on [Today], I was such a nervous wreck," she said. "Ann gave me tissues right before we started and said, 'Keep these under your dress.'"
Rancic -- who will undergo a lumpectomy and radiation treatment - says she's "going to survive. I'm going to be just fine."
"I'm not broken, but that's because I found it early," she says. "Truly, Ryan, the bottom line is, the earlier you find it, the better chance you have of survival."
Rancic discovered the tumor when her doctor suggested she get a mastectomy before going through her third round of IVF.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress