Giuliana Rancic: Why I'm Speaking Out About Breast Cancer Battle
Speaking to Ryan Seacrest on E! News Monday, she says, "There was a long period of time where I thought I was going to hide this from everyone."
Giuliana Rancic hesitated before sharing the news of her breast cancer battle with the public.
"There was a long period of time where I thought I was going to hide this from everyone, that I didn't need to tell anyone," Rancic, 36, told Ryan Seacrest on E! News Monday night, the show she co-anchors.
"And then as time went by, I would see friends of mine that didn't know, and I would think, 'God, I wish I could let her know what I'm going through,' so that she goes and gets checked," added Rancic, who revealed the news in an emotional interview with the Today show's Ann Curry Monday morning.
And now that she's opened up about it, "I feel like such a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders," added Rancic, who also stars in a Style Network reality show with her husband, Bill Rancic, and co-hosts E!'s Fashion Police.
Still, "Right before I went on [Today], I was such a nervous wreck," she said. "Ann gave me tissues right before we started and said, 'Keep these under your dress.'"
Rancic -- who will undergo a lumpectomy and radiation treatment - says she's "going to survive. I'm going to be just fine."
"I'm not broken, but that's because I found it early," she says. "Truly, Ryan, the bottom line is, the earlier you find it, the better chance you have of survival."
Rancic discovered the tumor when her doctor suggested she get a mastectomy before going through her third round of IVF.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing