'Glass Castle' Author Jeannette Walls Talks New Novel
The writer of the bestselling memoir on her new novel about two half-sisters growing up in 1970s Virginia and the possibility of having Jennifer Lawrence play her on screen.
The novel does a great job capturing its time and place--a rural mill town hard hit by job losses from overseas competitors and the upheavals of the civil rights movement and echoing the concerns of great Southern writers like William Faulkner, James Agee and Harper Lee.
Walls, 53, spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about making the transition to fiction and hearing casting rumors involving Jennifer Lawrence.
- Power of Pitbull: 'Timber' Rapper Reveals Plan to Become Next Billion-Dollar Brand
- After Oscar, What Happens to Lupita Nyong'o?
- 'The Walking Dead' Finale: Complete Coverage
- Chelsea Handler to End E! Show, Manager Says (Exclusive)
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR