'Glass Castle' Author Jeannette Walls Talks New Novel
The writer of the bestselling memoir on her new novel about two half-sisters growing up in 1970s Virginia and the possibility of having Jennifer Lawrence play her on screen.
The novel does a great job capturing its time and place--a rural mill town hard hit by job losses from overseas competitors and the upheavals of the civil rights movement and echoing the concerns of great Southern writers like William Faulkner, James Agee and Harper Lee.
Walls, 53, spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about making the transition to fiction and hearing casting rumors involving Jennifer Lawrence.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least