'Glee the 3D Concert Movie': Jane Lynch Cut From Theatrical Release
Series co-creator Ryan Murphy says the actress, who plays Sue Sylvester, will be on the DVD version only despite appearing in the movie's trailer.
Glee fans won't be seeing a familiar face when Glee the 3D Concert Movie hits theaters Aug. 12.
Series co-creator Ryan Murphy told reporters at a news conference for the movie over the weekend that Jane Lynch, who plays Sue Sylvester on Fox's hit musical show, won't be in the movie despite being filmed during the tour and appearing in the trailer.
"We're doing another version in a couple of weeks on DVD," Murphy said, as reported by USA Today. "Jane will be on that. We'll do it that way."
Lynch as Sylvester did appear on all the Glee concert tour stops via video; she also made an in-person appearance at one performance that was recorded specifically for the movie.
And in the trailer, she quips that moviegoers should stay away: "Please, save your money. This thing sucks."
The official soundtrack for Glee the 3D Concert Movie hits stores Tuesday, with songs including covers of Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'," the Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and Michael Jackson's "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR