'Glee' Actress Charice Says She's Gay (Video)
The Filipino actress and singer comes out of the closet in a TV interview.
Charice, the music sensation from the Philippines who portrays foreign exchange student Sunshine Corazon on Fox's Glee, has come out of the closet.
The 21-year-old singer-actress became candid in a Sunday-night interview on the Filipino talk show, The Buzz, tearfully confirming "Yes, I am a lesbian" in her native language, Tagalog.
"I don't know what the problem is because for me, there is no problem with that," said Charice. "So now I ask for forgiveness from those who don't understand. And those who cannot accept. I apologize: I understand you."
She added: "I love myself, that's why I'm able to do this."
Charice first gained Internet fame through YouTube videos, and has performed as a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Oprah Winfrey Show, as well as on Celine Dion's Taking Chances concert tour. Her other TV credits include the Philippines edition of The X Factor, where she has served as a judge.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR