'Glee's' 300th Musical Performance Starts Strong on iTunes Chart
The mash-up of Adele's "Rumour Has It" and "Someone Like You" has also logged more than 4.7 million views on Vevo.
The Glee cast mash-up of Adele's "Rumour Has It" and "Someone Like You" topped iTunes' singles chart early Wednesday and is holding strong at No. 2 currently. (Rihanna's "We Found Love" is now No. 1).
The song was the closing number of Tuesday's night's episode of the Fox series and marked the show's 300th musical performance.
Glee stars Naya Rivera and Amber Riley are the featured performers on the mash-up, which came on the episode after Rivera's character Santana learned she was being publicly outed.
The video of "Rumour Has It/Someone Like You" has also registered more than 4.7 million views on Vevo.
20th Century Fox Television chairman Dana Walden, Columbia Records topper Rob Stringer as well as the Glee cast and crew celebrated the 300th musical performance on the show's Hollywood set late last month.
Walden said, "This milestone is almost overshadowed by the fact that Glee has now sold more than 35 million downloads and has more Billboard-topping hits than James Brown, Elvis Presley and the Beatles -- basically more than any musical act in history."
Two other Glee tunes are currently on the iTunes singles chart: "You and I/You and I" at No. 15 and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot/One Way or Another" at No. 19
Additional reporting by Lesley Goldberg.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'