'Glee' Goes to Fox Stations in Weekend Syndication
2:03 PM PST 2/14/2011 by Marisa Guthrie
Fox Television Stations and Twentieth Television have reached a deal for the weekend syndication rights on Glee.The show has been cleared on Fox stations in top markets including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Washington, D.C., Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Baltimore and will begin airing in fall 2013. Reruns of 20th Century Fox Television’s Glee have already begun airing on Oxygen, which snapped up the cable syndication rights last year for $500,000 an episode. Oxygen’s deal also includes the reality spin-off The Glee Project, set to premiere in June, and multiple Glee marathons; the first of which ran over Super Bowl weekend and brought the network record tune-in. Glee will begin airing regularly on Oxygen in third quarter 2013. Glee is averaging 9.8 million viewers this season and pulled in 27 million for its Feb. 6 post-Super Bowl episode. “Brilliantly combining drama, comedy, song and dance, Glee has ushered in a fresh, primetime network television experience,” Paul Franklin, executive vp and general sales manager of Twentieth Television, said in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR