'Glee! Live! In Concert!' Review: Show Makes No Apologies for Camp Factor
The 80-minute concert features 14 castmembers belting out everything from Journey to My Chemical Romance.
Like any entertainment franchise-turned-road show, Glee wants your money, be it the $50 concert ticket or the many merch items (ranging from a $15 L-shaped foam hand — signifying “Loser” — to a $200 leather McKinley High jacket) on sale at each tour stop. But while it counts on your cash, it demands your devotion. Staples Center in Los Angeles proved that on a recent Saturday night as the 20,000-capacity venue looked more like a mega-church than a concert arena. Its worshipers: Gleeks.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR