'Glee' planning Britney Spears episode
Producers deny reports that Javier Bardem has guest role
Britney Spears is the latest mega pop star to be getting a "Glee"-full makeover.
"We are writing a Britney Spears episode," said Ryan Murphy, creator of the hit musical comedy TV show.
It was not clear whether Spears, 28, the biggest pop music phenomenon of the early 2000s with hits like "Oops!...I Did It Again" and "Piece of Me," would also appear in the episode planned for the new season which starts in the fall.
"Glee," which won 19 Emmy nominations on Thursday, based two episodes earlier this year on the music of Madonna and Lady Gaga but neither of the singers appeared on the show.
"Glee," about a struggling high school show choir that sings cover versions of pop, Broadway and hip-hop tunes, was one of the most-talked about TV programs of the last year.
It produced three hit albums of music while also sending sales soaring for the original artists whose music is featured, and its young stars recently completed a U.S. concert tour.
Producers however have denied reports that Spanish movie star Javier Bardem, who won an Oscar in 2008 for his role in "No Country for Old Men", would appear as a guest in the new season.
"No, javierbardemjenniferanistonjuliarobertsbradpittelvis katieholmestomcruiseandu2 are not appearing in season 2. But wouldn't it be fun...." Dante Di Loreto, an executive producer for "Glee," said in a Twitter message earlier this week.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game