'Glee's' Ryan Murphy, Gwyneth Paltrow 'Want to Do a Musical Together'
"I want to write an original movie for Gwyneth and Maya Rudolph, both of whom I'm great friends with," says Murphy.
Ryan Murphy wants to work with Gwyneth Paltrow beyond Glee.
"We want to do a musical together," Murphy told E! News Sunday at the Emmys. "An original—I want to write an original movie for Gwyneth and Maya Rudolph, both of whom I'm great friends with."
But he won't reveal more details: "That's all I will say."
Paltrow's character may have issues: "I loved Country Strong," Murphy told E!. "I love it when she's drunk and on the floor spitting up pills."
Murphy directed Paltrow five years ago in the big-screen adaptation of Augusten Burroughs' bestselling memoir, Running With Scissors. He'll next direct The Normal Heart, co-produced by Brad Pitt, about the AIDS epidemic.
Paltrow won an Emmy earlier this month for her guest-starring role on Glee.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'