'Glee's' Ryan Murphy, Gwyneth Paltrow 'Want to Do a Musical Together'
"I want to write an original movie for Gwyneth and Maya Rudolph, both of whom I'm great friends with," says Murphy.
Ryan Murphy wants to work with Gwyneth Paltrow beyond Glee.
"We want to do a musical together," Murphy told E! News Sunday at the Emmys. "An original—I want to write an original movie for Gwyneth and Maya Rudolph, both of whom I'm great friends with."
But he won't reveal more details: "That's all I will say."
Paltrow's character may have issues: "I loved Country Strong," Murphy told E!. "I love it when she's drunk and on the floor spitting up pills."
Murphy directed Paltrow five years ago in the big-screen adaptation of Augusten Burroughs' bestselling memoir, Running With Scissors. He'll next direct The Normal Heart, co-produced by Brad Pitt, about the AIDS epidemic.
Paltrow won an Emmy earlier this month for her guest-starring role on Glee.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR