'Glee,' 'Sons of Anarchy' Added to Amazon Prime Instant Video Streaming Service
The first two seasons of the Fox hit series and the FX drama are available right away, with season three of the biker saga becoming available on Christmas Day.
NEW YORK - Amazon.com said Friday that it has struck an extended licensing agreement with News Corp.'s Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution unit that will bring past seasons of Glee and Sons of Anarchy to Amazon’s Prime Instant Video subscription streaming service.
Prime members will get to see seasons one and two of the Fox hit musical and the FX biker drama, the company said. Season three of Sons of Anarchy will become available to Prime members starting on Christmas Day.
Future seasons of each show will also become available on Prime Instant Video. Amazon said it currently has nearly 13,000 Prime Instant Videos available.
"We are excited to add Glee and Sons of Anarchy to Prime Instant Video just in time for the holidays," said Brad Beale, director of video content acquisition for Amazon. "Both series are very popular with our customers, and we’re sure new viewers, as well as the shows’ passionate fans, will enjoy watching previous episodes of both series from the very beginning."
Amazon Prime is a $79 annual membership program that includes access to Prime instant videos, as well as unlimited free two-day shipping on Amazon items.
Financial terms of the new content deal weren't disclosed.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!