'Glee' Star Matthew Morrison is Engaged
News of his proposal to girlfriend Renee Puente arrived in style: at the Elton John White Tie and Tierra Ball in London.
Matthew Morrison is engaged to Renee Puente, his girlfriend of more than two years, a source close to the Glee star confirms to The Hollywood Reporter.
A first marriage for both, the news arrived in style: at the Elton John White Tie and Tierra Ball in London on June 27, where the legendary singer and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin dedicated John's classic "Your Song" to the happy couple and sang it as a duet.
Morrison and Puente are semi-regulars at the bash hosted John and partner David Furnish. In fact, they were first reported to be dating at the same event in 2011. Around that time, they were also spotted making out at a Coldplay concert, so it seems all has come full circle.
Of his relationship with Puente, a model, Morrison has said, "I'm very happy ... Renee's not in the industry -- I need that normality. We like to stay home and cook, we're not that Hollywood."
Morrison is currently in the U.K. promoting his just-released album, Where It All Began., which features such classics as "Singin' in the Rain" and "The Lady is a Tramp" sung by the veteran actor and singer.
No word yet on when or where their future wedding might take place.
E! first reported news of the engagement.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR