'Glee' Star's Father Murdered in the Philippines
“I loved him and I will still love him. He's still my Dad after all," she writes on Twitter.
Police say the estranged father of singer Charice Pempengco of the hit TV show Glee has been stabbed to death in her hometown of Laguna in the Philippines.
Police Senior Supt. Gilbert Cruz said Tuesday that Ricky Pempengco, 40, was at a store in San Pedro township when he accidentally brushed against a drunk man.
Cruz says the angry suspect stabbed Pempengco with an ice pick in the chest and back, killing him instantly late Monday. He says investigation revealed no old grudges between the two and the killing appeared random.
“I loved him and I will still love him. He's still my Dad after all,” the singer said on her Twitter account.
A manhunt has been launched for the suspect. Cruz has offered a 20,000 pesos ($470) reward.
Pempengco was estranged from his daughter, Charice, a 19-year-old songstress who is famed in Asia and had a recurring role on the second season of Glee.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game