'Glee' Switches Canadian Networks
The musical dramedy finds a new home north of the border.
TORONTO – Glee has a new home for Canadian viewers.
Rogers Media has acquired the rights to the Ryan Murphy series for its City network as part of a deal with Twentieth Century Fox Incendo Television Distribution.
Glee formerly aired on rival Global Television.
City will air the remainder of the fifth season in simulcast with Fox on Tuesday nights at 8 p.m., starting on Feb. 25.
The Canadian network also will air New Girl at 9 p.m. and Brooklyn Nine-Nine at 9:30 p.m. after both series were moved back an hour due to the Glee move from Thursday to Tuesday nights.
City also airs the Fox sitcoms Dads and The Mindy Project. The Mindy Project will go on hiatus in the U.S. from Feb. 4 until April 1. There's still no word on when (or if) future episodes of Dads will air on Fox following the low-rated series' final original episode on Feb. 11.
City will air the sixth and final season of Glee in fall 2014.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay