'Glee's' Blaine, Dalton Academy Warblers to Release Album
Actor-singer Darren Criss, who made the announcement on "Live With Regis and Kelly," said the album will be released in April.
Blaine and his fellow Dalton Academy Warblers are releasing their own Glee album in April.
Darren Criss, who plays Blaine on Fox's hit musical series, made the announcement Monday morning on Live With Regis and Kelly.
The new album will consist of "all the songs we've done, plus some new tunes," Criss said on Live.
20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind Glee, confirmed that an album is in the works for a spring release.
Criss joined Glee this season and has become a fan favorite, with him and his glee club performing songs including Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream." That song debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Digital Songs chart and had the best first-week sales of any Glee single, with 214,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The Warblers also have covered Train's "Hey, Soul Sister," Destiny's Child's "Bills, Bills, Bills," Robin Thicke's "When I Get You Alone" and Wings' "Silly Love Songs," which Criss performed on Live [watch the performance below]. They sing Neon Trees' "Animal" on this week's episode, airing Tuesday.
Last month, the cast of Glee broke the record for most charted songs by an act in the Hot 100's 52-year history with 113 hits, passing Elvis Presley.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR