'Glee's' Darren Criss to Play Kristen Wiig's Love Interest in New Film
The actor was cast in 'Imogene,' set for a 2013 release.
Darren Criss has got a lot on his plate! The Glee star, who was officially made a series regular in June, and has the show's Glee: The 3D Concert Movie premiere August 12, also signed on to take over Daniel Radcliff's How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying role on Broadway January 1, 2012.
And now, the actor has been cast in his first feature film, Kristen Wiig's post-Bridesmaid's project, Imogene (she'll star and executive produce).
The film, set for a 2013 release, tells the tale of a woman who fakes her own suicide to get an ex-boyfriend back, but instead, ends up living back with her mom (a gambler) in New Jersey. Criss will play Wigg's love interest.
Last week it was announced that Annette Bening will play Wigg's mom.
The film will be co-produced by Anonymous Content and Celine Rattray and Trudie Styler's new production company Maven Pictures (it will be their first feature film production). Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini will co-direct.
"He’s been such a breakout star on Glee and we are excited to work on his big screen debut which continues to showcase his incredible musical and acting talents,” Rattray and Styler said of Criss in a statement released today.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR