'Glee's' Darren Criss to Replace Daniel Radcliffe On Broadway
The “Harry Potter” actor will take his final bow for “How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying” on Jan. 1st.
Shortly after saying goodbye to Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe will leave behind his starring role in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, as well.
PHOTOS: 'Glee' Takes NYC: Behind the Scenes
While Radcliffe’s plan to move on from the Broadway revival has been known, organizers confirmed on Monday that a replacement has now been tapped. Glee star Darren Criss will take over the leading role of J. Pierrepont Finch following Radcliffe’s final bow on New Year’s Day.
PHOTOS: 'Harry Potter' London Red Carpet
The LA Times reports that the future of the show is still unclear, as Criss has only signed on for a three week run beginning Jan. 3. It remains to be seen whether the show will continue past Criss’ scheduled appearance, though reports have indicated that producers would like it to.
STORY: Comic-Con 2011: 'Glee's' Darren Criss on His Crazy Car Accomodations and Surviving San Diego (Q&A)
In an interesting twist, Criss is no stranger to following in Radcliffe’s footsteps. The actor behind Blaine Anderson previously appeared in the YouTube musical parodies, A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel, appearing as the young wizard himself.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2