'Glee's' Jayma Mays cast in 'Smurfs'
Hank Azaria joins as the voice of Gargamel
Jayma Mays, one of the stars of "Glee," will star as the female human lead in "The Smurfs," Sony's live-action/animated hybrid being directed by Raja Gosnell.
Hank Azaria, an actor who has a second career voicing a multitude of characters on "The Simpsons," has been cast as the voice of Gargamel, the sworn enemy of the Smurfs.
Mays is playing the pregnant wife of the already cast Neil Patrick Harris, the film's other human lead.
Casting for other roles, human and nonhuman, is under way.
Mays, repped by Gersh and Framework, plays hopelessly-in-love guidance counselor Emma Pillsbury on "Glee." Her other credits include "Heroes" and "Ugly Betty" as well as "Paul Blart: Mall Cop."
Azaria is repped by WME.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'