'Glee's' Jayma Mays cast in 'Smurfs'
Hank Azaria joins as the voice of Gargamel
Jayma Mays, one of the stars of "Glee," will star as the female human lead in "The Smurfs," Sony's live-action/animated hybrid being directed by Raja Gosnell.
Hank Azaria, an actor who has a second career voicing a multitude of characters on "The Simpsons," has been cast as the voice of Gargamel, the sworn enemy of the Smurfs.
Mays is playing the pregnant wife of the already cast Neil Patrick Harris, the film's other human lead.
Casting for other roles, human and nonhuman, is under way.
Mays, repped by Gersh and Framework, plays hopelessly-in-love guidance counselor Emma Pillsbury on "Glee." Her other credits include "Heroes" and "Ugly Betty" as well as "Paul Blart: Mall Cop."
Azaria is repped by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR