Glenn Weiss to direct Emmys
Has helmed and exec produced the Tonys nine times
Emmy winner Glenn Weiss has been tapped to direct the 61st Primetime Emmy Awards, making his debut at the helm of the TV awards show.
The ceremony, executive produced by Don Mischer, will air on CBS Sept. 20 live from the Nokia Theatre.
Weiss and Mischer have often collaborated together; most recently they worked as co-executive producers on the last three Super Bowl halftime shows featuring Bruce Springsteen (2009), Tom Petty (2008) and Prince (2007).
Weiss also recently worked with this year's Emmy host, Neil Patrick Harris, on last month's 63rd annual Tony Awards, which were hosted by Harris and directed and exec produced by Weiss.
Weiss has directed and exec produced nine Tony Awards, garnering four Emmys for his work on the show.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR