Globes vs. Oscars: Inside the Host Smackdown
NBC and Lorne Michaels recruit two female-friendly comics as the Academy hopes to lure men with a risque talent. Who will win?
As the big kid on the block, the Oscars long have resented the upstart Golden Globes infringing on their territory. No one at the Academy officially will cop to that. But ask whether the recent decision to move up its nominations announcement to Jan. 10 -- three days before the 70th annual Golden Globes will air on NBC -- is designed to steal some of the Globes' thunder, and Academy officials react with mock surprise that there's even another awards show worth discussing.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR