Gnosis Moving Pictures to Produce Will Vinton's Animated Movie 'The Quest'
John Cleese will add his voice to the feature from the new production company headed by Darius A. Kamali.
Newly-formed production company Gnosis Moving Pictures announced Tuesday that it will produce the animated feature The Quest in partnership with Will Vinton’s Vinton Entertainment.
Vinton, an Oscar winner for the 1974 animated short Closed Mondays, will direct a script he wrote with Andrew Weise and Peter Crabbe. Bruce Zick is providing visual design for the film, which is described as a Monty Python-esque, absurdist look at outer space, and will feature the voice of Python alumnus John Cleese.
Gnosis, based in Los Angeles, is headed by CEO Darius A. Kamali, who served as associate producer on Igor, which was released by MGM and The Weinstein Company. Kamali is also a co-executive producer of the upcoming feature The Hero of Color City, scheduled for release through Magnolia Pictures in 2015.
Gnosis said it is planning one to two projects, both animated and live action per year and described its mission as producing films “to explore the human condition, promote communal understanding and reflect the creative potential of each individual.”
The company has also struck an alliance with IP Franchise, the San Francisco-based game developer headed by Kandice Cota, to develop original intellectual properties, branded studio titles and digital extensions of the Gnosis film slate.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10