'Go the F--k' to Sleep': Samuel L. Jackson Reads Passage From Bestseller (Video)
The actor visited CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman" on Thursday night.
Samuel L. Jackson visited CBS' Late Show With David Letterman on Thursday night, where he read a passage from bestselling bawdy kids' book Go the F--k to Sleep.
Jackson narrates the audiobook version, which already has become an Internet sensation.
The book includes such lines as "The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest, and the creatures who crawl, run and creep. I know you're not thirsty. That's [bleep]. Stop lying. Lie the [bleep] down, my darling, and sleep."
Go the F--k to Sleep started out as a joke in a Facebook post by author Adam Mansbach when he could not get his daughter to fall asleep. His friends loved the fake title so much he decided to turn it into a real nursery rhyme-style book with illustrations by his friend Ricardo Cortes.
It debuted this week at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list for advice books. A G-rated version of the book also is in the works, according to Johnny Temple, the owner and publisher of Akashic Books.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR