Where to Go When Hollywood Hits Washington
From West Coast to West Wing: The White House Correspondents' Dinner weekend is just one excuse during the year to sample the capital's best new hotels, shops, restaurants and theaters.
There are a few occasions when Hollywood feels a need to wing its way to Washington: to shoot or attend a premiere for a film or TV show with the District as a backdrop; to headline a rally or promote a cause; or to attend the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner -- the "nerd prom," in local parlance. But these days, parties and causes aren't the only draw for D.C. The city has upped its cool quotient, and the restaurant, hotel and cultural contingents have been flocking to the District, inspired by the most stylish couple to hit the White House since Jack and Jackie.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR