GoDaddy Super Bowl Ad With Danica Patrick, Pussycat Dolls Premieres Early (Video)
The web hosting company leaked the sexy commercial that will air during Super Bowl XLVI.
There’s still a week and a half to go until Super Bowl Sunday, but GoDaddy is getting a head start by releasing their Super Bowl commercial early.
Known for their often-sexy commercials, the web hosting company leaked their latest ad, featuring "GoDaddy Girl" Danica Patrick and the Pussycat Dolls. The GoDaddy commercial will air on Feb. 5 during Super Bowl XLVI, which pits the New York Giants against the New England Patriots.
The commercial stars two men, who are transported to a place that looks a whole lot like heaven. Patrick, clad in a sparkling gold leotard, greets the men, and explains that this is GoDaddy's Internet Cloud. Other “angels” in the cloud are members of the Pussycat Dolls. The new group includes Lauren Bennett, the British dancer/singer who was featured on LMFAO’s "Party Rock Anthem."
The 30-second commercial is a change from last year’s GoDaddy Super Bowl commercial, which featured Joan Rivers in short-shorts and a tiny tank top.
Patrick is basically a pro at Super Bowl ads, this being her 10th GoDaddy feature. Her 2009 commercial, “Enhancement” was considered the Most Watched Super Bowl commercial of 2009, according to TiVo.
The trend of releasing a Super Bowl commercial is nothing new; companies do it in hopes of building up buzz before the big game. Last year’s memorable Volkswagen commercial, “The Force” (produced by the Los Angeles office of Deutsch), racked up a staggering near 13 million views when it was released before the Super Bowl.
All 30-second spots for during the Super Bowl were sold out by Thanksgiving. According to media buyers at Comcast-owned NBC Universal, companies are shelling $3.5 million toward a single 30-second commercial, an increase from last year's $3 million price when Fox carried the Green Bay Packers-Pittsburgh Steelers game.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David