GoDaddy Super Bowl Ad With Danica Patrick, Pussycat Dolls Premieres Early (Video)
The web hosting company leaked the sexy commercial that will air during Super Bowl XLVI.
There’s still a week and a half to go until Super Bowl Sunday, but GoDaddy is getting a head start by releasing their Super Bowl commercial early.
Known for their often-sexy commercials, the web hosting company leaked their latest ad, featuring "GoDaddy Girl" Danica Patrick and the Pussycat Dolls. The GoDaddy commercial will air on Feb. 5 during Super Bowl XLVI, which pits the New York Giants against the New England Patriots.
The commercial stars two men, who are transported to a place that looks a whole lot like heaven. Patrick, clad in a sparkling gold leotard, greets the men, and explains that this is GoDaddy's Internet Cloud. Other “angels” in the cloud are members of the Pussycat Dolls. The new group includes Lauren Bennett, the British dancer/singer who was featured on LMFAO’s "Party Rock Anthem."
The 30-second commercial is a change from last year’s GoDaddy Super Bowl commercial, which featured Joan Rivers in short-shorts and a tiny tank top.
Patrick is basically a pro at Super Bowl ads, this being her 10th GoDaddy feature. Her 2009 commercial, “Enhancement” was considered the Most Watched Super Bowl commercial of 2009, according to TiVo.
The trend of releasing a Super Bowl commercial is nothing new; companies do it in hopes of building up buzz before the big game. Last year’s memorable Volkswagen commercial, “The Force” (produced by the Los Angeles office of Deutsch), racked up a staggering near 13 million views when it was released before the Super Bowl.
All 30-second spots for during the Super Bowl were sold out by Thanksgiving. According to media buyers at Comcast-owned NBC Universal, companies are shelling $3.5 million toward a single 30-second commercial, an increase from last year's $3 million price when Fox carried the Green Bay Packers-Pittsburgh Steelers game.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!