Unproduced 'Godfather' Screenplay to Be Published as a Prequel Novel
"The Family Corleone," based on a work by Mario Puzo, will be released in June 2012.
A prequel to Mario Puzo's Godfather novel will be published in June 2012.
Based on an unproduced Puzo screenplay, The Family Corleone takes place before the Corleones' rise to power and tells the story of how young Vito Corleone fought his way through New York's criminal underworld to become the powerful "Don" introduced in The Godfather.
Ed Falco is the author of The Family Corleone.
Grand Central Publishing exec vp Jamie Raab said Wednesday, "Guided by Mario Puzo's own unproduced screenplay, Ed Falco thrillingly brings back Puzo's classic characters in a prequel that both honors the original, and stands on its own as a Godfather novel for a new generation of readers."
Puzo shared adapted screenplay Oscars with Francis Ford Coppola in 1972 and 1974 for their work on The Godfather and The Godfather, Part II, respectively.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR