Golden Globes Host Ricky Gervais: Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson Likely 'Targets' at Sunday's Show
The comedian says he only goes after "the weak and the feeble."
Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen might want to steer clear of the Golden Globes on Sunday.
Globes host Ricky Gervais, in a taped interview for The Ellen DeGeneres Show that's scheduled to air Thursday, said the two actors will be among what he called his "targets."
"Charlie Sheen has obviously put his head above the power pit," Gervais told DeGeneres in the interview, as picked up by Access Hollywood. "Like last year, Mel Gibson was a gift from the comedy god. So yeah, that'd be two good people out of the audience."
Gervais added that he's not worried about anyone seeking payback after being the butt of his jokes.
"I only go for the weak and the feeble," he said. "I'm not going to have a go at Russell Crowe or Mickey Rourke. Mickey Rooney maybe. Betty White, I'm not scared of her. You've gotta to choose your targets wisely."
Asked how he decides which jokes to do, Gervais said he tends to just go for it, even though part of him is telling him he shouldn't.
"I think it's a room of the most powerful people in the industry, so all I can do is end my career," he said.
The Golden Globes awards show airs Sunday on NBC. This marks the second consecutive year that Gervais will host.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game