Golden Globes Co-Hosts Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Debut New Promo (Video)
The funny women plan on presenting the best drama actor award to Daniel Day-Lewis for his work in “Avatar.”
Awards enthusiasts rejoiced when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were announced as this year’s Golden Globes co-hosts. But why did the two comedians want to take on the task?
“It’s a sloppy, loud party -- and that seemed like our kind of thing,” Fey says in a new promo for the show, which airs live on NBC Jan. 13.
“Television and film get to be together, so the beautiful people of film rub shoulders with the horrible, disgusting people of television,” Poehler adds.
The pair have some big plans for the evening and reveal it won’t be an ordinary Globes. For one thing, Fey would like to win best picture.
“Me, as a person, winning best picture would be unprecedented. Especially since I didn’t really make a movie this year,” she says. And they both are a little hazy on what this year’s big awards contenders are, because they claim to be out of touch with pop culture.
To wit: their pick for this year’s best drama actor?
“Daniel Day-Lewis for Avatar,” the women say in unison.
Watch the video below.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills