Ricky Gervais On The Golden Globes: 'Thank F--k That's Over'
The host, who has been criticized for being too soft during the Jan. 15 telecast, said Sunday's experience was his favorite "by far," but never wants to do it again (something he's said before).
But, those who were wondering what Ricky Gervais, who steered the evening for the third consecutive year, thought of his performance will have to wonder no more.
"Phew! Thank f--k that's over," he wrote above a photo of him in his tux on Sunday night surrounded by bottles of Moet & Chandon champagne. But , the funny man immediately admits, "I had a blast actually. It was by far my favourite of the three hosting stints."
But that doesn't mean he'll be back for a fourth go. "I've told my agent to never let me be persuaded to do it again though. It's like a parachute jump. You can only really enjoy it in retrospect when you realise you didn't die and it was quite an amazing thing to do," he writes.
Gervais also praised this year's crowd, saying they "finally worked out that my gags only seemed rude and nasty but were actually not too scary at all. Or they were just drunker."
As for his post-Globes plan, he says he'll be chilling out in New York.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)