Ricky Gervais On The Golden Globes: 'Thank F--k That's Over'
The host, who has been criticized for being too soft during the Jan. 15 telecast, said Sunday's experience was his favorite "by far," but never wants to do it again (something he's said before).
But, those who were wondering what Ricky Gervais, who steered the evening for the third consecutive year, thought of his performance will have to wonder no more.
"Phew! Thank f--k that's over," he wrote above a photo of him in his tux on Sunday night surrounded by bottles of Moet & Chandon champagne. But , the funny man immediately admits, "I had a blast actually. It was by far my favourite of the three hosting stints."
But that doesn't mean he'll be back for a fourth go. "I've told my agent to never let me be persuaded to do it again though. It's like a parachute jump. You can only really enjoy it in retrospect when you realise you didn't die and it was quite an amazing thing to do," he writes.
Gervais also praised this year's crowd, saying they "finally worked out that my gags only seemed rude and nasty but were actually not too scary at all. Or they were just drunker."
As for his post-Globes plan, he says he'll be chilling out in New York.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills