Goldenvoice Buys 280 Acres of Land at Coachella Site
The festival's promoter and subsidiary of AEG Live purchased property in Indio, Calif., last week.
Goldenvoice, promoter of the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival and Stagecoach Country Music Festival, last week completed the purchase of 280 acres of land comprised of Eldorado Polo Club, Triangle Bar Farms, Fish Creek and Ambassador Glen Holden's property in Indio, Calif.
Goldenvoice, a subsidiary of concert promotion company AEG Live, already has 280 adjacent acres on long term lease, the Empire Polo Club, which together with the new purchase comprise the site of the festival. Goldenvoice president Paul Tollett tells Billboard.biz that such deals "help us put in some infrastructure so we don't have to keep coming back and doing the same things each year."
The terms of transaction were not disclosed.
This year's Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, to be held consecutive weekends on April 13-15 and April 20-22, sold out earlier this year in about three hours. Appearing both weekends are headliners the Black Keys, Radiohead and a collaborative performance by Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg. Stagecoach 2012, which has also sold out, will occur April 27-29 with headliners Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game