Why the Coachella Fest Is Expanding to Two Weekends
Festival founder and producer Paul Tollett explains that possible bulk deals in securing talent and longer layaway time to help consumers are among the ideas behind the event's multi-weekend bow.
The Coachella festival's producers shocked the live music business community Tuesday when they announced that there will be two festivals next year: on back-to-back weekends, with the same lineup. Festival founder and producer Paul Tollett, president of Goldenvoice, said he's just approaching the supply-and-demand issue in his own unorthodox way.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR