'Good Wife,' 'Justified' Among Peabody Award Winners
Larry King will fete the 39 recipients May 23 in New York City.
Thirty-nine recipients will be given Peabody Awards, the University of Georgia Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication announced Thursday.
Among the honorees are HBO's The Pacific, TNT's Men of a Certain Age, Independent Lens documentary Reel Injun: On the Trail of the Hollywood Indian and The Moth Radio Hour.
Entertainment programs include CBS' The Good Wife, FX's Justified, Sherlock: A Study in Pink, Masterpiece/Mystery! and HBO's Temple Grandin. Long-running teen drama Degrassi was honored for a two-part episode called "My Body Is a Cage" that focused on a transgender teenager.
Read the full list of honorees here.
“For 70 years the Peabody Award has defined excellence in electronic media,” said Horace Newcomb, director of the Peabody Awards. “This list of Peabody recipients continues the commitment of the University of Georgia and the Henry W. Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication, the stewards of the award. With that commitment, we challenge media makers and distributors to reach higher, try harder and be ever mindful of their central role in public life.”
Larry King will host the 70th annual awards show on May 23 at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York City.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR